Compartment Fire Fighting Instructors Course
Who should attend?
Unit 1: Fundamentals of compartment fire behaviour
- understand the principles of combustion and compartment fire behaviour and how fire develops and spreads within a compartment and how it can be extinguished
- understand the methods used by firefighters to deal with and prevent fire development within a compartment
- understand the safety procedures relating to fire development within a compartment and how to implement them
Unit 2: Application of compartment fire behaviour training
- demonstrate the appropriate tactical ventilation procedures and understand their beneficial effects
- demonstrate the appropriate extinguishing and cooling techniques prior to entry
- demonstrate the appropriate entry techniques, recognise the signs of potential danger in the environment and apply the appropriate tactics
- use the appropriate procedures for operating the carbonaceous CFBT training simulator unit
Unit 3: Application of PPV training
- demonstrate the appropriate operational positive pressure ventilation (PPV) techniques
- demonstrate the appropriate entry and air control techniques, recognise the hazards and risks associated with using PPV techniques, and implement the appropriate emergency procedures
- apply the appropriate operating procedures for the carbonaceous positive pressure ventilation (PPV) training facility.
Click here to download (PDF)
How to book?
Our booking team is available to discuss this training course in more detail with you and how it can meet your needs.
We can also provide bespoke training programmes for your organisation, incorporating this course and other relevant courses.
Available dates and course fees are given on request.
Call us today on (01) 222 4199 or click here to request a call back.