Fire Safety Managers Course
This training course is specifically designed to meet the requirements of both the 1981 Fire Services Act and Regulation 9 of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005. It takes the student through a range of fire management related topics covering emergency and non-emergency activities and duties, which the fire safety manager would be expected to perform. It will give the student the knowledge and skills required to recognise and maintain a safe working environment. It will train him/her to effectively manage an evacuation in the event of an emergency and to deal with an outbreak of fire in its early stages.
Who should attend?
The role of the fire safety manager is to effectively manage an organisation’s fire safety obligations. This course is highly recommended for carefully selected members of staff who have been assigned as fire safety managers. The appointment of a duty fire safety manager is necessary.
On completion the student will:
- be able to state the role of the fire safety manager
- have a greater knowledge of fire and its associate dangers and effects
- will be able to identify and understand the function of common fire safety features and eliminate bad practise related to them
- recognise potential fire hazards and
take appropriate actions to rectify them
- recognise the different classes of fire
- understand the various models of evacuation and determine the best model for their workplace
The course programme:
The duration of the course is one day and will cover the following topics:
- Duties of the fire safety manager
- Potentially dangerous buildings
- Elements of management
- Management of fire safety features, passive & active
- The mechanics of fire, smoke and dangerous gases
- Means of escape
- Emergency procedures
- Fire safety signage
- Fire extinguishers and hose reel equipment
- First aid fire fighting
- Staff training
- The fire authority
- Fire prevention measures
- Control of outside contractors
- Arson control
- Hazard spotting and elimination of bad practices
- Methods of Evacuation including
- Assisting the Fire Brigade
- Record keeping
Click here to download (PDF)
Please contact us for information on upcoming courses.
How to book?
Our booking team is available to discuss the course in more detail with you and how it can meet your training needs.
We can also provide bespoke training programmes for your organisation, incorporating this course and other relevant courses.
Available dates and course fees are given on request.
Call us today on (01) 222 4199 or click here to request a call back.